All students applying or attending PHI are governed by the general rules and regulations as published on this website and as stated below. PHI’s “refund policy” and “General Rules and Regulations Governing all Students” which you consent to when you apply or attend PHI as a student is as follows:
- That the student agrees to abide by all rules and regulations as posted on PHI’s website.
- The student agrees and consents to abide by the rules and regulations as stated on this website that no refund will be given to any student who is dismissed from PHI due to failure to complete their required coursework requirements, examination requirements, or general requirements at PHI regardless of whether or not the student paid all their fees in advance or not for their entire program of study and therefore no refund will be issued. PHI’s refund policy and rules and regulations precludes the issuance of any full or partial refund or any “pro-rated” refund to any student if the student is dismissed (due to their own neglect) for these above academic reasons. The student agrees and consents to this above policy as a precondition of their enrollment.
- The student agrees and consents that no refund will be issued to any student who is dismissed from PHI due to academic dishonesty or plagiarism regardless of whether or not they paid all their fees in advance or not (for their entire program of study) and therefore will not be issued any refund. PHI’s refund policy and rules and regulations precludes the issuance of any full or partial refund or any “pro-rated” refund to the student if the student is dismissed (due to their own neglect) for these above academic reasons. The student agrees and consents to this above policy as a precondition of their enrollment. The economic penalty for academic "plagiarism" for all students at PHI is as follows: 1) B.A. degree = $8,000 fine; 2) M.A. degree = $10,000 fine; 3) Ph.D. degree = $12,000 fine. The student cannot continue their academic studies at PHI until the fine is paid in full. Moreover, all "official transcripts" will automatically be placed on academic "hold" until the fine is paid by the student.
- The student agrees and consents that no refund will be issued to any student who is dismissed from PHI for strictly disciplinary reasons regarding student misconduct (as interpreted and determined by PHI) regardless of whether or not they paid their fees in advance or not (for their entire program of study). This refund policy precludes (but is not limited to) the issuance of any full or partial refund or “pro-rated” refund to the student by PHI for any reason. The student agrees and consents to this above policy as a precondition of their enrollment.
- The student understands that if they are dismissed from PHI and afterward wishes to petition PHI in order to be reinstated again (to resume their studies) that PHI reserves the right to impose whatever economic penalties and sanctions (it deems necessary) upon the student as a precondition of the student’s reinstatement at PHI. The exact economic penalty or sanction will be determined by PHI strictly on a case-by-case basis for each student.
Health, Sickness, and Illness Policy
Moreover, if you have a valid medical emergency or sickness or illness which prevents you from continuing a class or attending PHI at any time, the student is required to bring a valid "written" medical excuse from your physician and doctor validating your illness. Once this is received PHI will automatically issue you a “tuition credit” toward future classes at PHI based on the doctor's official medical excuse. The medical excuse is to be given to your class teacher. Only tuition credits will be issued to students in lieu of a cash refund. In the case of accidental death (or non-accidental death) the student will not be eligible for any refund by PHI as a matter of policy.
There is a non-refundable application fee of $125.00 U.S. dollars (2,300 CZK) per application. The above amount is not placed toward the student’s tuition. It is an administrative processing fee.
If a student fails their examination they may re-sit a new exam at the cost of 5,000 CZK per exam. This above amount must be paid in advance before the student is permitted to take the new exam.
The official set-rate for all teachers for professional tutoring lessons (by PHI faculty) is limited to 1,000 CZK per hour (45 minutes) in all academic subject areas.
Thesis Advisor / Juror Fees
All doctoral Ph.D. students must pay (in addition to their tuition fees) an additional $1,500.00 doctoral dissertation fee (which is completely separate or independent of the students tuition or administrative fees) once they reach the level of “Advancement to Candidacy” status of their coursework. This is a one-time-fee to be paid to PHI in order to cover ALL the doctoral dissertation committee members and jurors who will be sitting on the student’s committee at the student’s defense.